Calvià Mallorca, one of 53 Municipalities in Mallorca
The municipality of Calvià is situated in the southwest of the island of Mallorca. It is well known for its beautiful beaches and its vibrant nightlife.
There are 18 settlements within Clavià. Sol de Mallorca, El Toro and Santa Ponsa, Son Ferrer, Portals Vells make up some of our favourites. The first tourist resort Calvià was Palma Nova. Calvià Villlage is a town in the municipality of Calvià and one that many choose to consider when looking to relocate to Mallorca.
The municipality of Calvià is the largest on the island of Mallorca. With a population of over 35,977 as of 2021 (according to Wikipedia). The highest population outside of the city of Palma. The town is located in the southwest of the island, just 25 minutes from the City centre and has a lot to offer residents and holiday makers.
Calvià resort has become a popular tourist destination for young people looking to party. The municipality has a lively nightlife scene, with a number of bars and clubs to choose from around Magaluf and Palma Nova. But outside of the tourist destinations Calvià Village is a more traditional village with views over to Puig de Galatzo and has a great international community.
What is great about living in Calvià
- Calvià is a great place to live if you enjoy spending time outdoors. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy, such as hiking, cycling and swimming. The municipality also has several golf courses, if you are a fan of the game.
- Another benefit of living in Calvià is that it is more affordable. The cost of living is lower than in other parts of Mallorca, and more affordable properties can be found in this area.
- If you are looking for a municipality with a relaxed atmosphere, then Calvià is definitely the place for you. The pace of life is slower here than in some of the other municipalities on the island, and it is a great place to unwind and relax.
Overall, there are many reasons why Calvià is a great place to live. If you are looking for an affordable municipality with plenty of activities to keep you busy, then Calvià is definitely worth considering.
Building a property in Calvià
Calvià is one of the most popular municipalities in Mallorca for those looking to build a property. Calvià is such a popular choice when it comes to building a property of your own. The fact that it is located in a beautiful setting with plenty of sunshine and stunning views. Additionally, Calvià has a number of excellent amenities and facilities. Making it an ideal place to live. Land can be found in this area and self builds are becoming popular.
If you are thinking of building a property in Calvià, it is important to be aware of the process involved. The first step is to obtain planning permission from the municipality. This can be a complex process, so it is advisable to use the services of a professional planner.
Building a property in Calvià can be a complex process, but it is also an exciting one. It is important to be aware of the steps involved and to use the services of a professional planner to help you through the process.
5 Development Tips when building your dream property
Are you thinking about developing a plot of land in Mallorca, or have you dreamt of designing your dream home?
Here are our top tips:
- Hire a good architect. This is someone who will help you turn your vision into reality. They will also be familiar with the building regulations in Mallorca, so they can make sure your plans comply with these.
- Make sure you have a realistic budget. Building a house is not cheap, so you need to make sure you have enough money to cover all the costs involved. You could encounter unexpected costs so it is always good to have a contingency budget.
- Allow plenty of time for the project. Don’t try to rush it, as this will only lead to mistakes being made. Building a house takes time and patience!
- Make sure you choose the right builder for the job. This is someone who is qualified and experienced, so they can deliver your dream home on time and within budget.
- Enjoy the process! Even though it can be challenging at times, building your own home is a great experience.
In Mallorca, there are certain rules you need to follow if you want to develop or build a property.
You should also find out how much land costs in the different districts of Mallorca. Prices differ from North to South Mallorca and even the districts and municipalities. Once you’ve found an area that has some available land, you can look into buying it – just remember that prices vary greatly depending on location, so make sure you know what’s available before deciding where to buy!
If you are building a house in Mallorca, there are certain things you need to remember.
First, there is a minimum plot size required. If you are building on common rural land (SRG), a minimum plot area of 14.000 m2 will be required. This does depend on the rustic land qualifications on which you want to build.
Second, there are restrictions on what you can build on a plot.
There are many other factors that you must consider, like the size and volume of a swimming pool, how your property will be built; porches, outdoor woodwork, and other characteristics.
You also need to make sure you have enough space outside your house for pedestrian traffic and fire engines, so don’t forget to leave room for this too when designing your dream property!
Let our team know what you think about buying property in Calvià or are you considering building your dream home?